BUILDING, PLUMBING, AND MECHANICAL PERMITS
- Before obtaining permit forms, please consult with Bob Lane, Building Inspector (931) 260-2688. Bob Lane also serves as the city’s Zoning Compliance Officer. For water or sewer connections, contact Baxter Utility Department at (931) 858-4142. For electrical inspections, contact UCEMC
at (931) 528-5449.
- Forms may be obtained from City Recorder Stacey Austin at Baxter City Hall 200 Main Street, Baxter (931) 858-4111 ext.1 OR printed from the City’s website at www.cityofbaxter.com.
- Forms must be completed prior to obtaining permit. If you need help in completing permit forms or have questions, please contact Bob Lane at (931) 260-2688.
Permits are issued in the recorder’s office from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Once the recorder’s office has issued the permit and prior to work (pouring concrete, etc.) contact Bob Lane at (931) 260-2688. PERMIT MUST BE POSTED ON JOB.
- The following inspections are required:
- Building - footer inspection, framing inspection, final inspection
- Mechanical – one time inspection after unit is installed (Reminder - You must also obtain an electrical permit through the local electric company.)
- Plumbing – rough in and final inspection
Any special circumstances, please contact inspector.